- 1 yellow onion
- 10 carrots (medium size) peeled and cut in thin slices
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- fresh ginger 1″ (2 1/2 cm) peeled and chopped
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t cloves
- 1 t cinnamon
- 4 cups (1 l) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) coconut milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- pumpkin seeds for decoration
Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and cashews in olive oil until it starts to soften. Stir constantly. Add the spices and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the carrots and the vegetable broth and let it cook on low for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
Stir in the coconut milk. Pour the soup in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pour into serving dishes and decorate with roasted pumpkin seeds.