- 175 g vegan butter
- 1/2 cup + 1T (1 1/2 dl) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (3 3/4) gluten free flour
- 3 T almond flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup + 1T (1 dl) dried raisins
- 6 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 6 prunes, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 3 T cognac
Put the cut fruit in a bowl and add the cognac. Let the fruit soak at least one hour or over night.
Preheat the oven to 300 F/150 C
Mix the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time then the flour, and last the cognac soaked fruit. You can always add 1-2 T of water if the batter seems too thick.
Pour the batter into a greased tube pan and bake for one hour.
This cake tastes better if allowed to sit for at least a couple of days.