These apple muffins are amazing. I love to have them in the freezer when unexpected (or expected) guests show up.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 T coconut sugar (or any sugar you like)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) gluten free oat flour (I make my own in the blender)
- 1/2 cup + 1 T (1 1/2 dl) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 T (1 dl) coconut sugar (or any sugar you like)
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/3 cup (3/4 dl) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 + cup + 1 T (1 1/2 dl) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup (3/4 dl) non-dairy milk
Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C
Grease 12 muffin cups or line the muffin cups with muffin liners
Saute the apple cubes, coconut sugar and cinnamon for about 5 minutes over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir often. The apples should begin to soften slightly. Remove from the heat.
Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir until the batter is moist.
Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter. Divide the apple mix into each cup.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.