- 250 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (2 dl) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup + 2 T (4 dl) all purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 t vanilla sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup + 1T (1 dl) freshly squeezed orange juice
For topping and filling:
- applesauce or jam for the in-between layer
- granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 500 F/250 C
Melt the butter and let it cool. Whip the eggs. Add the sugar and continue whipping until the batter is light and foamy.
Pour in the melted butter. Mix the dry ingredients and add it alternately with the orange juice.
Pour the batter onto a parchment paper covered baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cake has a nice color. Remove it from the oven and sprinkle half of the cake with sugar. Once the cake has cooled, cut it into two pieces and remove it from the parchment paper. Spread applesauce or jam on the half without sugar and put the other half on top. Cut into fifteen squares.