- 2-3 stalks rhubarbs cut into thin slices
- 1 T sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 T (1 1/2 dl) sugar
- 1 t vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 1T (1 1/2 dl) almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 T (1 1/2 dl) gluten free all purpose flour
- pearl sugar (optional)
- 50 g dairy free butter
Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C
Put the rhubarb slices in a small bowl and sprinkle them with 1 T sugar. Put aside.
Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy. Mix the vanilla sugar/extract, baking powder, almond flour and gluten free all purpose flour in a separate bowl, and add it to the egg mix.
Line the bottom of a spring form (9″/23 cm diameter) with a parchment paper and grease the sides of the form. Pour in the batter, add the rhubarbs, sprinkle the top with pearl sugar, slice the butter and distribute it evenly over the cake. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes.