- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) raw cashews, soaked in water overnight. If using a high power blender like Vitamix, you only need to soak the cashews 30 minutes.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 T vegetable broth
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (1 1/4 dl) nutritional yeast (gives the cheese flavor)
- 1 t salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the lasagna:
- 9 oven ready gluten free lasagna noodles
- 3 1/2 cups (8 dl) pasta sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 1/4 dl) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 t salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Put all the ingredients for the “cheese” sauce in a blender and process until smooth.
Sautee onion and garlic until the onion is tender. Stir frequently. Add the rest of the vegetables and sautée for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add 1/3 of the pasta sauce to the bottom of your casserole dish, (I use an 8″x8″ (20×20 cm) oven proof dish).
Add a layer of noodles, 1/3 of the basil cheese sauce, 1/3 of the vegetable mix. Keep repeating these steps three times. Finish by sprinkling dairy free cheese on top. I use Daiya “cheese”.
Bake in 375 F/200 C for 45-50 minutes.