Preheat t he oven to 425 F/210 C
See under Apple Pie above. Pre-bake the shell for 8 minutes.
- 1 15 oz (430 g) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetend plant based milk
- 1T olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (3/4 dl) agave or maple syrup
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/ t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Put all the ingredients for the filling in a medium sized bowl and mix it well until it’s all combined. Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 350 F/175 C and bake for another 35-40 minutes. Test if it’s done by inserting a knife near the center of the pie. The pie is done if the knife comes out clean.
This pie is better if made the day before.