- 1 1/2 cup (3 3/4 dl) basil or ramps
- 1/2 cup (1 1/4 dl) pine nuts (or walnuts) roasted
- 1-2 garlic cloves (I use less garlic in my ramp pesto)
- 5-6 T olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 1/4 dl) dairy free cheese or aged cheddar
Put all the ingredients, except the olive oil) in a food processor and mix on high while slowly adding the olive oil.
Serve over gluten free pasta, (my favorite is Ronzoni gluten free pasta made with cauliflower, fava beans and rice flour), and a salad of your choice. Gluten free bread with dipping oil goes well with it.