This hummus is a nice change from the traditional chickpea hummus. I usually make it in the food processor, but if you prefer it smoother I recommend that you to do it in a high speed blender.
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 English cucumber washed, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 2 sticks celery cut into pieces
- a handful of spinach
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t paprika powder
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 T olove oil
- 3 T water
Put all the ingredients, except the water, in a food processor or blender and add the water slowly while mixing on low until smooth.