- 1/2 cup +2 T (1 1/2 dl) glutenfree oats
- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) water
- 50 g dairy free butter cut into pieces
- 25 g fresh or 4 t dry yeast
- 3/4 cup (2 dl) plant based milk
- 1 T Psyllium husk
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2 1/2 cup (6 dl) gluten free flour
- Mix water and oats in a saucepan and make oatmeal. Take the saucepan off the burner and add the dairy free butter. Mix well.
- Put the yeast in a bowl and add a little of the dairy free milk.
- Add the remainder of the milk to the oatmeal.
- Put the oatmeal in the bowl with the yeast.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, preferably with an electric mixer.
- Sprinkle over some extra flour and let the dough rise 30-40 minutes.
Put the dough on a flour dusted surface and make a roll. The dough is a bit sticky, but try not to add more flour to the dough since the buns then tend to get dry. Instead cover your hands in flour while you work with it.
Cut the roll in ten pieces and roll them into balls which you flatten with your hand after you put them on a parchment covered baking tray.
Let the buns raise for another 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450 F/225 C
Bake the buns for 10-12 minutes.